Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Two New Years Resolutions

I have two resolutions for the year of 2008. The first one I had also made last year, it only lasted until the middle of March. The second one is something I've been striving to achieve for several months now, and I've decided to make it a New Years Resolution (cause that just makes it seem more important, don't it now).

Number Uno: To run at least One mile everday. And if for some reason (say I'm sick, injured, etc.) that I can't get in my mile, the back up resolution is to run the same amount of miles in the month. (Does it work to have a back up resloution? Doesn't matter, cause I'm changing the rules.)

Number Dose: To just be happy. I've decided that all I want to be as I go through life is happy. For some people it seems so simple, but I have a somewhat melancholy personality that shoots me down, and it shoots me down far. So resolution number two is to be happy. I've taken to drawing a smiley face on my wrist, and since he such wonky eyes he makes me laugh, which makes me happy. Hopefully I won't need my dude one day (who's name, by the way, is Lomly, cause he reminds me of Larry, Mo, and Curly).

So those are my resolutions, what are yours?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oliiiiiviiiaaaa!

You, melancholy, my dear? Now that's a kicker. C'mon over to our place and we'll dress ya up and give you no time to be melancholy.

Hmmmm....new year's resolutions huh? Well, my number uno has been the same for at least 20 years—does that count? The road to hell and all...

We miss you!