Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Booyah!

I received an early Christmas present last night! My Granddaddy payed for me to get my cartilage pierced! I'm so physced! I've beeng gunnin' to get it done for a while now, and I've been putting it off because of the money, but when Granddaddy said that he had no idea what to get me for Christmas I suggested that he pay for my cartilage piercing. And what d'ya know, he agreed. Actually, it didn't surprise me, he's the Grandfather that has both of his hears pierced and will agree to get or do anything for me. Within reason anyway.

So last night we went down to Snakemans and got it pierced. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it'd be, and it only hurt a little. To top it off, I learned something new. The part of the ear that he pierced is called the outer helix, instead of piercing the cartilage. You don't pierce the actual cartilage because of the ever lovely possibility of cauliflower ear, which involves fluid building up in the ear and giving you a funky lookin' ear because of all the fluid that is built up. It can also cause permanent damage to your ear drum because of the pressure becomes to much on the ear the ear drum will rupture. How grody is that? Ooo, and it's called cauliflower ear because of a)the cauliflowery look it gets and b)because the color in the ear will start to fade to white, hence giving it a more cauliflower look. Go look up a picture, it's pretty grody and I refuse to post a picture of it on my blog. It will taint it, and the only person aloud to taint my blog is me. :P

Here is me tainting my blog with crazy duck lips, but ignore them and look at the earring! Ha ha, or look at the crazy duck lips.
You gotta love it.
<3
Olivia

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

**You gotta love it.**
you know it!! Peaceful sleeping on the *other* side for a while! praying for no accidental bumpings while you heal :D