Thursday, December 6, 2007

Great Wolf Lodge

Wowza, what a fun three days, and an awesome Christmas present. We went to the Great Wolf Lodge. It's an indoor water park in several places across the states (and one is in Niagara Falls). A homeschooler posted it on one of my Mom's homeschool boards, and she proposed that it be the first half of a two parter Christmas present. We all agreed and she signed us up. And come to find out Danielle, the girls, and Sam were going, as well as a family that holds friends for all of us. That made my day, three days with people I love to hang out with, and to top it off, at a water park. What's not to love?

Then I found out about these wands that you could be and go on Magi quests. I had to have one! Actually, Abbi, Cece, and I all had to have one, so we settled on one and figured we could share. But Kailee and I got it first 'cause we were the ones picking it up. It was hilarious great fun! We ran around the hotel (all three stories of it) and zapped stuff. Then we'd giggle like little kids. That went on for several hours. But that wasn't all that went on during our questing. Danielle, Julia, Emily, and Sam had wands too, and I saw 'em as I was coming up the stairs. Well one of my favorite things to do is to try and sneak up on Danielle, and I succeeded. Then I gently rubbed it in her face. She said it was because she couldn't focus on more than one thing (when normally she has eyes everywhere, or so she says) because she had had two beers. I know, lame excuse. :P And then I realized she didn't have a wand, and I asked Danielle why she didn't have a stick (yes, I was calling our wand a stick :D) and she replied that she had a stick, she'd just left it at home. We all laughed uproariously (I've always wanted an excuse to use that word) while Julia, Emily, and Sam didn't get it. But that little conversation right there started a game of Attack Danielle (or in her case Attack Olivia). The rest of the night was filled with screeching, hollering, and laughing until you fell over. I love nights like those. They're the best out there.

Sadly, it was only a three day trip and very shortly it was time to go home. So we all got out tired butts into the car Wednesday evening and started the three hour drive home. I was silently pouting that Danielle and the kids get to go see Amy Steinberg and unschooling buddies while I'm stuck working, but enough about my self centeredness. xP We had found out that morning that it was snowing at home, and that by that evening there were about two inches on the ground. We were all very pleased with the thought of snow, even if it is only two inches. Nic and I were kinda hoping for six. Or a foot. Eithers good with us. When I look outside it's pretty, no matter what the amount of snow. I love the whiteness of snow and the look it gives the outside.

So that was the beginning of my week. It was a pretty snazzy beginning. I'm hopein' to finish out the week just as good.

<3
Olivia

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Bwaaaahaaahaaa! Now all my dirty little secrets are aired for all to see. I'm gonna have to be careful what I tell you, girl.

Too, too funny. I still laugh about that night, and tell Nick that the kiddos still walk around going, "Dannniii."

Too damn funny.