Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas

What a good, and different, Christmas we had in the Smith household this year. Instead of getting nice, big, expensive presents from our parents we are going on trips (next Thursday we're going Sking and Snowboarding) and only had stocking stuffers, which are some of my favorite presents. Like the pair of hand made slippers I got! I'd seen them in Terressentials several weeks ago and kept going back to them, but didn't buy them. I guess Mom noticed because they were in my stocking today. Yay me!
Aren't the gorgeous? I love the colors, and they're sooo comfortable.

Let's see....Cece bought me these amazingly cool gold, sparkly tights that are Rocky Horror Picture Show-esk. They're fantastic, and I love 'em. Sadly, they're in the wash so I show any pictures.

My Grandmother, God bless her, bought me a new digital camera. Mine was abused by me and I'd been talking about getting one for several months. Thanks to her, I don't have to spend my money. It's a nice camera, a Nikon, and it has so much more extra stuff then my old camera.

By far one of my favorite presents was from my Aunt Carolyn and Uncle David. It had a tag on it that said "For Olivia, and her unique sense of humor", well that piqued my interest and I opened the first box to find......Cookie cutters in the shape of gingerbread men. And not just any gingerbread me, ABC* gingerbread men. The picture isn't very good, but if you can see one has a leg missing, one has an arm missing, and one has it's head missing. I laughed for a good long while, let me tell you, and I would still laugh when I looked at the box hours later. I also proceeded to bake some sugar cookies with the lovely new design of ABC* cookies.

These are what the finished products looked like, not the best picture, but it'll do. They also tasted really good, which please me cause this was the first time that I'd ever made sugar cookies.
The next package contained a package of sticky notes that wasn't your normal bright colors, it has check boxes saying funny stuff like "I want you to....shut up, go away, like me, and of course your normal call me/e-mail me. It also had a notepad that says stuff along the same lines. All in all, they made me laugh.

And last but not least, I got a moose ornament. See, I have this obsessions with Moose that started about a year and a half ago and I thought it was awesome that Mom and Dad found a Moose ornament.

I'd say it was a pretty good year. I got the stuff I wanted, had a marvelous time, and spent time with family. What's not to love?

Now I want to hear about you and yours!





*Already Been Chewed
(Don't you just love that companys sense of humor? :P)

No comments: