Saturday, December 22, 2007

Seven Of My Favorite Things

1. Stargate SG-1
I absolutely adore this show. It's reduced me to tears, made me laugh 'til I cried, kept me on a string, and given me my desire to write (Stargate FanFictions where my first bits of writing). Sadly, SG-1 ended this July, after a fabulous 10 year run that put them in the Guinness Book of World Records.

This is the cast of SG-1, from Seasons 1-10. Some of the characters from past seasons have moved on to higher ranking jobs in the military, and some are dead.


2. Stargate Atlantis
The spin off of SG-1 that was very easy to fall deeply in love with. As with SG-1, it's reduced me to tears, made me laugh 'til I cried, kept me on a string, and given me a desire to write. I've learned so much from both of these shows in the way of random facts, it's common for me to sprout off a random fact and for my Mom to go "Did 'ya learn that on Stargate?". At least half the time my answer is yes.














Season 4 Cast: Does the blond look familiar? She came from Stargate SG-1 to take over command of Atlantis since the brunette in the other picture (the former leader) is missing, presumed dead. Though we all know that may not be true.








Season 3 Cast: See the pretty lady in the front? We don't know if she's dead or alive, though we all hope she's living. And the handsome man in the green? They killed him, much to the horror of fans all around the world.


3. Soccer
Is a huge passion of mine. I've been playing for five years, and though I dropped my outdoor team in April and have yet to find a new team, it is still a big part of my life. Soccer's been a major player in shaping me into the person I am today. Learning to accept defeat graciously, learning to win graciously, perseverance, and accepting things for what they are. I have a feeling it will always be a part of my life in some form or another.

How can you not love this sport? I'm not even sure where the ball is in this picture, but my guess would be the keeper cleared it.

4.Mo
vies
'Tis true, movies are one of my favorite things. And it's not just certain movies, it's all movies. I mean sure, I do have my preferences on actors and genres, but I will hardly ever say no to going to the movies. I love the art of movie making, and the result of all that work. I believe every movie and character should be savored. I love the stories that can be told through movies. The villains are particular favorites of mine, because I don't actually view anyone as a completely evil. I look through their eyes and see why they are how they are, I mean, they're definitely bad people and deserve to be classified as villains, but they have intriguing pasts. Like Sweeney Todd, man have I fallen in love with that movie. But let's not go there.

5. Unschooling
I love the fact that I am unschooled. Every time I sit back and think about it I thank my lucky stars. My life would be so different if I wasn't. So many amazing people wouldn't be in my life, I wouldn't have the amazing relationships that I have with my siblings and parents, and I would be getting in so much trouble at school. Not because I'm bad, but because I just don't agree with most everything that the school system does and am not afraid to speak my mind. Needless to say, I'd be good friends with the principal and detention would be my homie.

6. Burts Bees
My Mother brought home some Burt's Bees sometime ago and told us we were to try it as a chapstick because it was better for out bodies. It didn't take too long to fall in love with this stuff. Now I always have one on hand. I love the peppermint one (my mother and two of my sisters have moved on to the Honey) and can go through a stick pretty quickly during the winter season.

7. My Family
Nothing can be said to express how much these people mean to me. They're there through thick and thin. Every single on of them has been victim to my sharp, cold, vindictive tongue and they all still have my back when I need them. Words can't describe my pride in them.
It may be an old picture (by about a year), but it's one of the best and comes with some of the happiest memories I have.

1 comment:

Firefly Mom said...

We just recently discoverd Stargate-Atlantis (I know, where have we been???) We love it! We have one disc left of season 3, and they have yet to release season 4 on dvd.

Since you obviously like sci-fi, have you discovered Firefly? We're a family of Browncoats on a quest to spread the word ;)