Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fighting After A Really Good Day

Well aren't I a happy camper. I talked to Danette today and I got my schedule worked out. It's all very nice now, I'm not working Friday evenings anymore. :) I'll finish out this month on that schedule, but after that I'm out of there. Unless they need me. Which I offered, because every once in a while it'd be nice to get that extra 30 or 40 bucks. Needless to say I'm a very happy camper. I have Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays to myself and I'm still making enough money to go to LIFE is Good. Whee.

Sadly that was the only good part of my day, well and the rest of work was good too. But once I got in the car things went downhill. I was irrationally upset over the fact that Audrey was once again in the front seat. Nearly every time Mom picks me up and Audrey's in the car Audrey's upfront. I want to sit up front and tell Mom about my day dammit. But no, Audrey's sitting there. So Mom immediately gets irked with me, even though almost as quickly as I got upset I got over it. Or, more accurately, I would've, it's not like it's that big of a deal. But since Mom doesn't realize this she decided to say something, so I didn't get right over it and we got in to a minor tissy. Not that big of a deal, it seems like the common thing right now. Well a couple of minutes later Mom brings up a book that was two weeks over due and since I'd been the last one seen reading it I was the person to talk to. Well I was still fuming because I'm a real piss about these kind of things and almost always stay mad for half an hour or so afterwards, but I managed to keep what I thought was a pretty civil tone (for myself anyway) while I explained that I hadn't seen it since I got done reading it a month or so ago and that I'd put it on the shelf were all of the library books go. Well I guess Mom didn't think my tone was any good because next thing you know we're in another tissy, which quickly turns into a yelling match. In the car. Yes, my Mom actually does yell loud enough that I bet the neighboring cars were going "What the fuck?", just like the mothers she stares at when they're yelling at their kids. Course, most of those kids don't yell back so it was probably even more interesting to hear me yelling back from the rear of the van.

Well we got done with that fight (they never last long, but they're always hardcore and leave both of us upset) and I didn't say much of anything until we got home. Well I find the book (and it was exactly were I said it was) and go off. When I come back out in a little while I hear Nick make the comment that "He thinks the reason for all the flys downstairs is Piggy' (our guinea pig) cage." and Mom says "Yeah. Olivia weren't you going to clean that?"
Okay, so I had said that I would clean it, but I wasn't really in the mood to clean it anymore. So all I said was "Sure." I guess it had a bad tone to it again because Mom got mad. Again we got in another tissy. And at the end Mom said something about me and fighting to the effect of me wanting to fight. I very honestly said "Yeah, I do want to fight." So Mom said she wasn't going to say anything else to me for the rest of the day. Not sure if that's suppose to be a punishment or what, but since 3:30 this afternoon Mom hasn't said more than ten words to me (yeah, I know. She actually spoke to me! He he).

I guess I really should learn to fight with someone beside Mom. It's just that I know Mom will always forgive me, but I guess one of these days she's not going to forgive me and we'll have no chance in hell of repairing our relationship. I guess the best solution would be for me to not want to fight anymore....

<3
Olivia

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

Alrighty, what is it? The stars aligned? Hayden's got this new thing whereby he insists on *shotgun* and then waits for my reaction. So far, so good... I've managed 5 trips from the backseat without any googooly faces at the kid. No irk, No thrill.
And the backseat's safer ;)
No help on the pissiness, I've still got mine and yeah I've been known to fight for fighting's sake just to get rid of the pissiness inside... maybe we need tae kwon do? I'm looking into Yoga next week, I'll let ya know if it helps :D Until then, breathe deep and thank your mom for not drowning you in the bathtub, even when you really, really deserve it!!