Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bubble Juice!

I've come to realize that dance is my bubble juice. Gasp! And the best (or worst. Hm?) part of it is that I'm 100% serious! For years now my whole life has been soccer oriented, all I talked about was going to a Divison One college (preferably UNC) and then on to the US Women's National Team to kick ass in the Olympics, World Cup, etc. and having dropped dance I didn't even look back. It was my sisters thing, not mine. I was way to busy to be dancing and playing soccer. My schedule was hectic. But since injuring myself last summer, and finally consenting to the fact that I 1)didn't like the WAGS team I was on and 2)I just couldn't play, my knee wasn't actually up to standard (little did I know how bad it actually was. Is.), I dropped soccer and decompressed. According to me madre you could visibly see me relaxing and enjoying life more. I did. No more did I have to worry about staying in shape, getting in 20 hours of workout a week minimum, being able to dive four feet off the ground (though I have to say I do look snazzy when I'm flying through the air). One of the thoughts that crossed my mind was 'HEY! I can get fat if I want to!" it was a shocker to me, because playing soccer I had to be in tip-top shape (not saying that I was, but I was supposed to be. He he.) and couldn't just eat whatever I want and be like "Who cares if it all goes to my hips, butt, legs, etc. it's not like I have to be in shape." Where's when I played I was always somewhat cautios with what I ate. Lol. No more!

Life was freedom. For a while, then it was boredom. I had nothing to do. So I decided to take up dancing again, and play rec ball for some local team. Well my plans got a little changed when I saw my Aunt in FL and it was decided that I should only dance. I was still physced, but I was also bummed about not being able to play soccer. It's a nice home to go to when I want something that comes natural and is amazing fun (soccer is my first love.)

Dance started four or five weeks ago now and I'm absolutely in love! It's a Teen Jazz/Hip-Hop Class, but of course we're all taking it for the Hip-Hop, and I have who I consider to be the bestest and coolest teacher in the whole studio. She's so funny, and she puts up with my eccentricities and loudness. I mean, I think she's at nerves end by the end of class, but she puts up with me. I think she realizes and respects that I really am trying to calm myself down and be good, and she also realizes I like to be the center of attention so therefore I'm loud and constantly telling jokes or doing something weird with my body, so she doesn't do anything, except maybe I got a warning look one time, and she does kinda hint, but in joking form so I appreciate that. Personally, I think it's because she's an ex-broadway performer so she understands the need to be the center of attention and knows that even when you're really really trying to calm yourself down it's just so damn hard.

So that whole long bit was to say that dance is now my bubble juice, I always come out so happy and loud and goofy, but mostly I'm very very bubbly (now you know why I've deemed it my bubble juice, he).

On a little side note though I will be playing indoor soccer this winter. I'm so flippidy flippin excited! I LOOOVE indoor. I can't wait! Season should start sometime next month. Soon, yay! Inguries will welcome me back with open arms (see, I'm so dramatic. Broadway here I come! Wait, I can't sing....Hollywood here I come!). Lol.

<3
Olivia

No comments: