Thursday, September 27, 2007

Work Today and Tuesday Night

Well what'da know, taking work one day at a time is working (for the most part). As long as I don't think about how tomorrow I'm going to have to work then I'm a happy camper. Though I have decided I prefer working with Dani opposed to Allison. Dani's just not so intense, and more easy going. I did talk to Allison about working on a MySpace for the store, and she said she'll pay me an hourly rate to maintain it. Woohoo. She also said she wants me to start working on the stores website, which is like 'eh' with me. I've done website stuff before and it's not my favorite thing to do. But it does mean that I get to spend a day with Dani teaching me about the website. Course, it could all go down the drain because Allison has a habit of forgetting she said these things. Either way it doesn't really matter to me.

On another note Tuesday night I caught up with a soccer friend I hadn't seen since April and had a blast! Her Mom's a hoot, and is kinda obsessed with me. She threatened to keep me and not let me go home, which I thought was funny cause she doesn't realize just how annoying I can get and how much I don't fit into their family. They were really nice, as always, it's always funny going to their house though because they live so different from us. Like they actually served me. I was like 'er, I can get my own food. that's what I'm use to.' and they were like 'no, no, it's okay.' situations like that are always weird. I'm just not used to such formality. It reminded me of going through Biltmore and seeing how they were served and at the time I remember thinking 'I could never live like this. I like getting my own food.'. I mean, it's okay for when I go out to a restaurant because when I do that it's because I want to be served. Needless to say, I still don't think I could have servants.

OMG! I forgot to mention what happened at work this morning. Okay, so I have this obsession with Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. It's what I drink during the Halloween season, I absolutely love it. My boss HATES Starbucks (a lot of downtown people do for some reason...hell, maybe you do to. Lol.) and when I walked up this morning she was like 'what are you doing drinking Starbucks?' I was expecting something like this, but hadn't really thought about what I'd say. And all I did was breeze right by her and say 'I like Starbucks. Get over it.' without missing a beat and kept on walking. After a several second delay I heard her laugh, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those laughs that was only laughed because she had no idea what to do. I'm sure you've all heard laughs like that at one point in your life. I thought she was going to fire me, and I also thought it was hilariously funny and a great way to start the day. :D Now my true self comes out, I'm a smart ass loud mouth that laughs at other peoples stupidity. Hm. I wonder if that should try and be changed...

<3
Olivia

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

I wanna hear about the Ren Fest!! Good time?? Pictures??
Hayden got up from the table at my mother's friend's house, to get himself some more spaghetti sauce -- she jumped up and screeched, "I'll do it!!!" I told her he *cooks* at home and is fine getting it himself... "NOT at my house" and got all huffy over her *own* rule ~ weird. Weirder than us :D which is tough to do!
I don't do Starbucks if I can help it, though I do LOVE their mochas and was excited to see them at many reststops on our travels... at home I stick to local businesses, just because I think ma&pa need my cash more than the corporate machine (which we happily call McStarMart, collectively :D)
Oh!you and H should have some serious Dog talks while you're here -- or before -- he's anxious to get a dog so I'm seeking ways for him to get his doggy fix until we buy a house in a year or so... ideas for him?? I thought we'd volunteer at the Humane Society or AKC or dog walking (for pay ::bg::)
<3 xoxo