Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sick. Bleh.

When I went to bed last night I was worried. I'd gotten really cold at practice last night, then at dance I'd worked up a nice sweat, then stepped outside causing my body to immediately cool down, and to top it off, when I got home I realized my cell phone was MIA. So when I went to bed I thought two things, 1)I wonder if I'm going to get sick tomorrow? and 2)wonder where the hell I lost my cell phone? Normally, I wouldn't worry about being sick, I've always prided myself in having an immune system like a rhino, I just don't get sick. But right now mono and strep throat are going around the schools so that, on top of temperature extremes, had me thinking maybe.

But this morning when I got up I was happy. I wasn't coughing up a lung and I found my cell phone (turns out it had fallen beneath my Mom's shawl in the car). So I went to work, tired and sore, but happy.

Around noon Allison (my boss) charges me with a lunch run to Five Guys and asks if I would like anything. I, who'd been feeling steadily worse for the past two hours, declined saying that it probably wouldn't help me feel better (see, for anyone who doesn't know what Five Guys is, it's a delicious (in my opinion) burger joint that also happens to be a tad greasy. Only a tad though). Allison immediately asked what's wrong. So I told her my stomach and head were bothering me. She said to make the run and then call my Mom to pick me up because she'd rather me go home and sleep it off then me miss work for the next two days. I said I was fine for another three hours, after all it wasn't a busy day. Then Dani came down stairs and between the two of them they decided that I needed to go home. So I agreed to go home, but then I remembered that Mom was at RJ and wouldn't be able to pick me up. I tell them and Dani said that she lives on the same side of town as me and that she was leaving in an hour so she could just drop me off. Allison loved that idea and decided that is what I was to do. And I decided not to argue.

So then around 1 this lady comes in the store and asks if anyone drives a somethin' or other car because she just saw it get hit, and the lady who hit it was driving off. Well that car (whatever kind of car it be) is Dani's car. So we go running out and sure enough the lady that hit it is driving off. But when she saw all of us she stopped and said that she was going to go to the police and report the accident but since we were here she'd wait. Didn't look that way to me, she looked guilty as a peacock and like she was running. To top it off, when Dani asked her if she knew what the license's plate number was on Dani's car the lady didn't know it, so we were kind of curious as to how she'd be able to report the accident without the license plate number. Ah well. But needless to say where's we were suppose to be leaving the store about 1 or 1:30 we didn't leave until 2:30.

Shortly after I got home Mom got home, we talked for a couple of minutes about work and then she suggested that I lay down and try to get some sleep. I agreed and went back to my room wondering how in the world I was going to get any sleep with how noisy it was out side. I underestimated just how tired I was. I fell asleep and didn't wake up for another three hours. And I'm still tired! I'm not sure if I'm going to be going into work tomorrow, my head still hurts, my internal temperature is still hotter than normal, my stomach is upset, and my throat is getting scratchier by the hour. But who knows, maybe I'll go to sleep and wake up better than ever. One can only hope. Course, Allison said I was not to come in if I was still feeling sick enough that I was going to start fading because they said I was fading at work today. Whatever that means.

So that's been my day. Hope your's has gone better.

<3
Olivia

No comments: