Thursday, September 20, 2007

Farther Along The Path of Life

Yesterday when I woke up I wasn't feeling well enough to go to work, so I stayed home and lazed around doing my best to get better. This morning I felt well enough to go to work so I hopped in the car and went to work. Yay me. More money on my paycheck (which I sadly don't get for another two weeks, but I can deal).

I've been noticing pretty much since day 1 that Allison has some issues in her past that inhibit her today. I don't know what they are, but she seems bitter and sad to me. Don't get me wrong, she's a great person and I'm sure a really good friend (everyone downtown seems to love her). She's just bitter and sad. And sometimes when she says things I literally stop whatever I'm doing and stare at her for several seconds before being able to go back to work. She sounds like most teenagers I know. She hasn't learned to forgive. She harps on things like you wouldn't believe. Then she'll start talking about people and just about every time she does the thought "high school" crosses my mind. There's many, many, many reasons I don't like the school system. The stupid things like being mad at someone because "like omg, she won't, like, shop at my store" is one of them. Can't you just get over that? Who cares? It's probably a good thing. Arg. It's very aggravating.

As I've gotten older I've noticed more and more wounded adults. Wounds that have been around since they were my age! Can't they let them scab and scar and move on? It was really hard for me to understand at first why I seemed more mature then the adults that were suppose to be my "authority". With some help from my ever lovely, full of answers, Mom I realized it was the life style I lead. It's helped me to be more mature and not as wounded. And when I am wounded to let it scab and scar then move on. Of course, I also contribute it to the fact that my parents are so damn good to me. They aren't parents who are going to micro manage me and try to make me do stuff. How much better can it get? When I think about things like this it really does make me realize that I'm Livin' The Life. And that I'm farther down the path of Life then a lot of adults out there. Who'da thunk it? xD

<3
Olivia

No comments: